Our Signature Beers
≈ Dock Tale Ale ≈ ABV 5.5%, IBU 23.1
- An American Pale Ale made with 90% 2-row barley and 10% wheat with a dash of Belgian malt that imparts a rich caramel-sweet aroma and a toffee-like flavor while adding a light amber color. The light hop addition and lemon peel near the end deliver a hint of citrus, and local honey tops it off with a sweet finish. Whether coming in from a sun-filled day of fishing, swimming or boating, there’s always a tale to tell back at the dock. What better way to embellish those stories than with a Dock Tale Ale?
≈ Skinny Dipper Wheat ≈ ABV 5.3%, IBU 12.5
- An American Wheat Beer made with 50/50 2-row barley and wheat and just enough Belgian Malt to add a mild caramel-sweet flavor and golden color. A mild hop addition retains that spicy, earthy-fresh aroma, and it is topped off with a touch of local honey. You know the feeling (or we sure hope you do!). Imagine peeling off your clothes and taking a refreshing plunge into a crisp, clear lake. Ahhhh … We believe we’ve captured that feeling with our Skinny Dipper Wheat.
≈ Skinny Tail ≈ ABV 5.3%, IBU 17.8
- Skinny Tail is a luscious mixture of our crowd-pleasing Skinny Dipper Wheat and Dock Tale Ale beers. Now tell us, who doesn't like a Skinny Tail? Enough said!
≈ Indian Point IPA ≈ ABV 7.2%, IBU 81.0
- An IPA with American roots, featuring mostly American grains with a German malt addition to create a deep-amber hue while enhancing maltiness, body, and mouthfeel. The perfectly timed hop additions achieve the desired bitterness while adding an herbal, tropical fruit and citrus flavor and fruity, pine aroma. Our IPA pays homage to Indian Point—or Buzzard's Bluff as it is known to the locals—which offers the most spectacular views on Bull Shoals Lake.
≈ Chunky Dunker Dunkelweizen ≈ ABV 5.2%, IBU 14.8
- The black sheep of our wheat beer family. A beefed-up version of our Skinny Dipper Wheat with the addition of Black Patent Malt for color and a dark, roasted flavor. A bigger guy makes a bigger splash when he cannonballs off the bluffs—that's the same robust splash you'll get from our Chunky Dunker.
≈ Pine Branch Porter ≈ ABV 6.0%, IBU 35.1
- A little more robust than a mild Porter with a medium body, mid-level hoppiness with hints of vanilla, chocolate and caramel for that smooth, sweet-roasted flavor. Anglers know the area that starts at Point 12 in Arkansas and extends for one glorious mile back into Missouri as Pine Branch, but other boaters and bobbers refer to it as “Mile Long Cove.” Whether you’re pulling out your big bass in "Mile Long" or just bobbing along with a flotilla of friends, Pine Branch Porter is a tasty way to get away from it all.
≈ Flood Water ’17 ≈ ABV 5.3%, IBU 14.3
- In the spring of 2017 Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas were inundated with torrential rain. Bull Shoals Lake rose from below normal level to flood stage in just a few days. Unsure if we would need to move the brewery to higher grounds, we decided to throw together all the ingredients we had on hand and brew some beer.
We ended up with a combination of 2-row barley and white wheat as main ingredients, adding coriander, grapefruit peel, caramel crystal malt and local honey for a fragrant flavor reminiscent of caramel-encrusted citrus peel dripping in honey. We used a very low alpha acid hop for a clean, neutral bitterness and finished with a hop with strong orange and tangerine citrus notes for flavor. The result was an easy drinking, light wheat beer with a smooth, sweet finish. We all love spending a sunny, summer day on the lake, but sometimes Mother Nature throws a kink in those plans, and we have to improvise. When storm clouds threaten, brighten your day with a raised glass of Flood Water ’17 and stories of “remember when.”
Our Signature Beers
≈ Barefootin’ Blueberry ≈ ABV 6.4%, IBU 39.2
- A refreshing American ale made with Simcoe and Citra hops to help balance the fruity blueberry flavor. When blueberries are ripening on the vine in the Ozarks, that summer sun is already warming soil and water alike, and it’s time to kick off the ol’ shoes and go barefootin’—whether that means tender-footin’ it along the shoreline or grasping a towline behind a ski boat as it cuts across glassy lake waters. Either way, this refreshing beer will remind you that it’s summer—or make you wish it were.
≈ Red Sky Ale ≈ ABV 4.9%, IBU 21.6
- You know the saying, "Red skies at night, a sailor's delight?” That's what you get when you drink our Red Sky Ale. It’s a delightful, full-bodied ale with no aftertaste, brewed the old-fashioned way with just the main ingredients—grain, hops, yeast and, of course, water. Careful though, remember, "Red skies at morning, sailors take warning."
OUR SIGNATURE BEERS
≈ Bobbin' Blackberry Wheat ≈ ABV 4.9%, IBU 19.9
- Our Bobbin’ Blackberry is a refreshing wheat with subtle hop notes, finished off with blackberry flabor and honey. (Blackberries are common in the Ozarks, and about the time these little treats are ready for picking, the water in the back of the coves is warm enough for “bobbin’”—just floating around on an upside down life vest, a float saddle, or even some fun noodles gathered together to achieve the desired flotation level. Ahh, sweet relaxation. And it doesn’t matter the number of folks you’re bobbin’ with—just like the beer, it’s the type of folks you’re with that makes the experience enjoyable.)
≈ Amber Waves ≈ ABV 5%, IBU 15.0
- Amber Waves is our American Amber Ale. It is brewed with just grains, hops, yeast, and water from the Roubidoux aquifer in Southern Missouri. The grain bill consists of 75% pale malts with several specialty grains to give it color and mouthfeel with a caramel flavor and a healthy addition of honey malt to round it out. Although our Amber Waves is not fields of grain as in the song, “America the Beautiful,” it is as smooth as the two words make you feel.
≈ Twin Engine Double IPA ≈ ABV 9.0%, 95.0 IBU
- Twin Engine is our Double IPA, paying tribute to the first twin engine bass boat built by Champion Boats in 1997. Two lake-loving, beer-drinking, creative locals were instrumental in the development of that high performance, ground-breaking project. The result was a bass boat delivering fishermen to their favorite fishing spot at a whopping 96 mph. Twin Engine IPA is loaded with Columbus, Cascade, and Simcoe hops. This bold beer may not fill your livewell, but it will definitely set you back in your seat.
≈ Standup Paddle Board Stout ≈ ABV 6.1%, 42.1 IBU
- This American stout with coffee-like flavors is moderately hoppy with a cocoa-like malt sweetness and a pleasingly velvety, thirst-quenching consistency. Our Stand-Up Paddleboard Stout goes down as smooth and relaxing as a paddle board gliding across the gentle waters of the lake coves. Lean back and enjoy!
≈ Kentucky Bass ≈ ABV 5.2%, IBU 17.2
- Kentucky Common is a true American Original style of beer. It was almost exclusively produced and sold around the Louisville, Kentucky area from some time after the Civil War up to Prohibition. It is said that the “bootleggers” needed something to drink while they were waiting on their whisky to distill, so they would make a batch of Kentucky Common because it was fairly inexpensive and quickly produced. While Kentucky Common is not so common any longer, the Kentucky Bass is a common catch on Bull Shoals Lake, reaching as much as 7 pounds. Our Kentucky Bass brew certainly isn’t that heavy; it’s a light-tasting beer brewed with mostly 6-row barley, flaked corn and rye with some molasses for good measure. Whether your livewell is full or empty after a day on the lake, our Kentucky Bass will be the perfect complement to your fish stories!
OUR SIGNATURE BEERS
≈ Touched by the Sun ≈ ABV 5.5%, IBU 17.1
- This light bodied, smooth tasting, highly refreshing American Ale is considered summer’s other beer. Beat the heat on a sweaty afternoon--try our "Adult Cream Ale" and be Touched by the Sun!
≈ Spring Creek Shandy ≈ ABV 3.4%, IBU 10.0 (Seasonal)
- A refreshing blend of our lightest beer with lemonade--this is what summer should taste like!
≈ Sun Perch Shandy ≈ ABV 3.4%, IBU 9.0 (Seasonal)
- If you were a lucky kid, you got to experience the thrill of pulling in orange sun perch on your Zebco 33 while fishing on the banks of Bull Shoals. Now that you’re a lucky adult, you can experience the thrill of our Sun Perch Shandy, a summery blend of our cream ale and orange soda—light enough to remind you of childhood innocence but with just enough kick to remind you that being an adult has its advantages, too.
≈ Golden Girl Blonde Ale ≈ ABV 4%, IBU 6.4
- Life was simple living around the lake back in the 1950’s. You finished your chores as soon as you could and then you took off for the water. It didn’t matter what you did--swimming, fishing, water skiing or just hanging out--you just wanted to be close to the water. True “Lake Bums.” Later, if you were lucky enough to have a dime in your pocket, you would head to the country store for a Golden Girl Cola. Nothing could complete a perfect summer day better than that, and sometimes, if you were really lucky, you'd have a couple dimes in your pocket and could have another one. That’s the feeling we're going for with our Golden Girl Blonde Ale. Golden Girl is a light blonde ale--a session beer--easy to drink with a hint of citrus from the hops to remind you of those summer days of long ago.
≈ Pontiac Pale Ale ≈ ABV 5.1%, IBU 27
- Pontiac Pale Ale is an American Pale Ale (APA) brewed with a flavorful balance of grains and hops. Using Cascade hops for bittering with Simcoe hops for flavoring, we threw in some German Melanoidin for color and that malty mouth feel. This little beer is as relaxing as the Pontiac area itself.
≈ Thermocline New England Style IPA ≈ ABV 6%, IBU 21.6
- When scuba diving, the upper warm water is separated from the deeper water by a murky haze called a thermocline. As you pass through the haze, the water becomes cooler and clearer. Meet our New England-style, hazy IPA Thermocline. Just past the haze, your taste buds will experience a cool, clear taste of summer. This refreshing beverage was brewed with the perfect combination of Citra, Lemondrop, and Simcoe hops. Enjoy!
≈ Flights ≈
- So many beers! If you're new to the brewery and not sure where to begin (or even if you're a frequent visitor but want to expand your palate), we gladly offer small tastes of any beer before you commit to a pint pour. All our beers are also available in sampler flights of 4 or 6.